Wynsors World of Shoes (we, us or our) is a trading name of Courtesy Shoes Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (company number 00567238) with its registered office at Parkside, Park Road Industrial Estate, Bacup, Lancashire OL13 0BW. We are committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information you provide us on www.wynsors.com (the Website).
Information we may collect from you
Personal Information may be collected and processed for:
- You to register an account with us, or fill in other forms on the Website;
- You to provide other information to complete or update your user profile or registration details. Providing additional information about yourself beyond what is minimally required at registration is entirely up to you but providing additional information enables you to derive more benefit from the Website;
- You to place an order on the Website and enter an agreement with us, or when we update you as to progress of those orders;
- You to view and interact with the pages of our site, features, and functionality;
- Us to recognise you and customize your experience through cookies and other technologies (please scroll down for more information about cookies we use);
- You to interact with user content features and third party services available through our site like, forums, surveys, polls, social media or other third party research and to provide you with marketing information, undertaken with your consent;
- You to contact us, in which case we may keep a record of that correspondence or if you contact us by telephone we may record that call.
In the above instances, It is completely optional for you to register, participate or otherwise provide us with Personal Information in the above situations and you will be able to contact us to find out more about Personal Information we hold about you at any time (please see below for more details of your rights). In order to make a purchase from the Website you will need to provide us with your personal data. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. We do not seek to collect Personal Information about children through our Website and are committed to protecting the privacy of visitors under the age of 18. Parents should supervise the online activities of their children, and consider the use of tools available from online services and software providers that help provide kid-friendly internet environments.
How your information is used
The information you provide allows us to provide goods and services to you as well as helping us understand how you use our website. This allows us to recognise your needs and continue to make the improvements that are important to you and our customers.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Administer your account with us, process and update you on your orders and customise the service we provide to you and other Users;
- Enable you to share your information and communicate with us or other Users using interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Send you service communications through email and notices on our Website;
- To make it easier and faster for you to use the Website;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To collect feedback from you about our service and respond to that feedback;
- To help keep your online shopping experience safe and secure;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your Personal Information to contact you about new products, special offers and other marketing materials to enhance and support your relationship with us. These communications may take the form of postal mail or telephone calls.
If you are a registered user or previously provided us with your Personal Information when buying, or thinking of buying, products from us, we will only contact you by e-mail, text message or other such methods of contact about products which are similar to those you have previously expressed an interest in. If you are a new customer, we will only contact you using the electronic methods referred to above if you have agreed for us to do so.
Where you purchase goods from us and the use of our website is under an agreement with us. We use you information for these purposes on the basis of your contract with us. Where we provide you with information on similar products to those you have previously expressed an interest in we do so because it is our legitimate interests to let you know about this and we believe you would want to be updated with this information. Where we provide you with marketing or other information we do this because you have consented to it.
If you do not want us to use your Personal Information to let you know about new products, offers and other marketing promotions please un-tick the appropriate box on the form you use to provide us with your Personal Information. If you forgot to un-tick the box, or later change your mind, you can always ask that we not contact you in this way by writing to us at:
Courtesy Shoes Limited Trading as Wynsors World of Shoes Park Side Park Road Industrial Estate Bacup Lancashire OL13 0BW UK
You can also contact us via our Contact Us Page.
You will be able to 'unsubscribe' to our mailings at any time by signing into your account.
Storing your Personal Information
We use secure servers to store Personal Information you send to us through the Website.
Transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and, whilst we will do our best to protect your Personal Information whilst it is being transmitted. Therefore any transmission is at your own risk. Of course, once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Also, agents, service providers and other contractors of ours who provide services to us to allow us to provide the goods and services will have access to your Personal Information. These will include our website hosting providers and our logistics partners. They are required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to fulfil the services they are performing for us. Please note that if we have allocated you a password for accessing your user account, you are responsible for keeping it safe and confidential.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Who are a member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- To fulfil your order(s) or complete any other contract or arrangement we have entered into with you.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- to protect our rights, property or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We like to keep our customers fully informed about the shopping experience we provide. A vital part of this experience is your interaction with our Website and what happens "behind the scenes". Cookies play a vital role in this process and below we explain why they are used and how you can change your preferences on these if desired.
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. There are different types of cookies and some only relate to your actions during a single browsing session and then are removed. On the other hand, some may remember you so that when you return to a Website your preferences are automatically applied. For further information about cookies generally, please visit the Information Commissioners Office website at www.ico.gov.uk
- Keep track of what you have in your basket;
- Remember you and your preferences when you return to our Website;
- Provide you with personalised adverts when you visit other selected websites. This type of advertising is designed to provide you with a selection of products based on what you're viewing on wynsors.com, which are displayed to you by our partners when you visit other selected websites. These adverts may highlight alternative styles of shoes and colours available as well as other items deemed relevant to your browsing history;
To order products on wynsors.com, you need to have cookies enabled. If you don't wish to enable cookies, you'll still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes. Most web browsers have cookies enabled as default (see our Managing Cookies PDF Guide for further information on how to change these settings.)
Please note that cookies can't harm your computer. We don't store Personal Information such as credit card details in cookies we create. No personally identifiable information is used during this process.
Our website also uses AddThis (www.addthis.com) to offer social media sharing tools. No personal information is shared or passed onto AddThis. We also use Google Analytics to provide us with sales data for research analysis where, again, no Personal Information is used or passed on.
For further information on how to manage your cookie settings please view our Managing Cookies PDF Guide here.
Unsubscribing and your rights
If your Personal Information changes (such as post code, phone, e-mail or postal address), or if you no longer desire to be contacted about our products and services, you can correct, update or delete/deactivate your Personal Information at any time. This can be done by contacting us via our Contact Us Page or writing to us at:
Courtesy Shoes Limited
Trading as Wynsors World of Shoes
Park Road Industrial Estate
Although we will remove your name from our e-mail list as quickly as possible, please recognise that there may be a period of time after you unsubscribe during which you may still receive e-mails from us.
If you have previously unsubscribed or asked not to receive marketing information through the website, but , are still receiving notices, offers or communication relating to us or our products, it could be that you initially asked to receive information in a manner other than through us or our website. If this is the case, your desire to unsubscribe may also need to be communicated to the original source to which you provided your Personal Information and agreed to be contacted. We take your online privacy very seriously, so if you need any assistance in unsubscribing to future communications please contact us using the details above. We will promptly take action to ensure that you no-longer receive any further mailing or other information us.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These are –
- The right to confirm if we are using data about you and to access details about what we are using and how;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office;
- The right to request we rectify any inaccurate data corrected or to have data which is incomplete for the purpose we hold it completed;
- The right to be forgotten. Which is the right to ask us to delete information about you and if it is appropriate to do so we will do so;
- The right to restrict what we do with data in specific circumstances, including where the accuracy of the data is contested, processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data or if we only need the data to meet legal requirements;
- The right to receive the data we hold about you in a format you can use to transfer the data electronically elsewhere.